The Support Needs Assessment Center (SNAC) at MORC, Inc. is comprised of a team of highly qualified AAIDD recognized Supports Intensity Scale Adult Version™ (SIS-A™) Trainers, Assessors, and support staff. Since 2009, we have been working to coordinate, complete, and oversee assessments in Macomb, Oakland, and Wayne counties within Michigan. The incorporation of the SIS into our operations came as a logical progression to our philosophy and commitment to treat all people with dignity and respect and to promote community inclusion and full citizenship for individuals with developmental disabilities.
SNAC SIS-A Trainers have experience in selecting and training new assessors, maintaining assessor reliability, and advocating on behalf of the tool. With an emphasis on efficiency, timeliness, and high quality service delivery, we established the Support Needs Assessment Center that utilizes the SIS-assesses the support needs of the nearly 5,000 individuals served by MORC, Inc. and others served by additional Wayne, Southeast, and Midstate PIHPs/agencies. Our training team has partnered with AAIDD to train and mentor over 80 Michigan SIS assessors since 2010. We work across the state to provide quality assurance, support, and mentoring for Michigan assessors.
Contact us for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Supports Intensity Scale Adult Version™ (SIS-A™) is a trademark of the American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD)
- Our Team – Learn more about our management and training team working in Michigan.
- SIS –A Assessments in Michigan:
- Your Interview– Click here to review helpful information about preparing for your Support Needs Interview
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Service (MDHHS)– Explore the MDHHS SIS Webpage for helpful information related to the Michigan SIS implementation.
- AAIDD Website – Learn more about the SIS-A assessment and the American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD)
- SIS –A Training and Assessor Quality Assurance in Michigan:
- Current Michigan Events
Supports Intensity Scale – A (SIS – A) Overviews | Informational sessions include the following Overview topics: SIS History and Background, What is Measured and How, What to expect from a SIS Interview, How the SIS Measures Support Needs, and Person-Centered Planning with the SIS
Please RSVP at least 5 days before events. Sessions are open to anyone, individuals served, families, advocates, caregivers, providers, and staff.
- Training and Services for Support Organizations, PIHPs, CMH, or Agencies
We provide a variety of training services and guidance regarding the Supports Intensity Scale® for agencies across Michigan. To inquire about SIS Training and Services email us at email@example.com
- Join Our Team | The Support Needs Assessment Center at MORC, Inc. currently has 18 Supports Intensity Scale – A, SIS – A assessors and more in training. If you are interested in becoming a SIS assessor or interviewer in Macomb, Oakland, and/or Wayne counties, Click here to review and complete the application.
Return forms to fax: