This five hour course is based upon the framework of the 2021 update of the Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics. As such, we will cover the core ethical values and principles, ethical standards, and ethical dilemmas needed/experienced by Social Workers and Behavioral Health Professionals. Learners will be provided with valuable resources at the time of registration to starting reviewing, including an ethical decision-making tool. This workshop is highly interactive including Zoom breakout rooms, large group discussions, interactive review questions, videos, and role-playing. At the end of this training learners will be able to:
1. Explain the primary ways to promote the well-being of clients.
2. Define how to accurately and fairly represent the qualifications, views, and obligations of colleagues.
3. Identify the necessary knowledge and skills to supervise or consult only within one’s areas of expertise.
4. Explain how Social Workers should only accept responsibility or employment on the basis of existing competencies & qualifications.
5. Identify what it means to uphold and advance the values, ethics, knowledge, and mission of the profession.
6. Define what it means to promote the welfare of society at all levels, along with the development of people, communities and environments.
This course is approved by the Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative. 5 CEU Hours. Approval #MICE 012218
Upcoming Training Dates
Cost is $99 per person.
June 30th, 2022 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
September 15th, 2022 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
January 12th, 2023 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
April 11th, 2023 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.